Fall is here, hear the yell
Back to school, ring the bell
Brand new shoes, walking blues
Climb the fence, books and pens
I can tell that we are going to be friends
Yes I can tell that we are going to be friends
I love that song. It’s “We’re Going To Be Friends” by Jack Johnson from the Curious George soundtrack. It makes me think of cute little kids at school playing and learning and having fun – basically my future career.
Fall is here. Yes! I was SO ready for Fall this year. Summer is one of my all time favorites but I was sick of the heat. I know, I said after India I would never whine again about heat, but here I am doing just that. I got very excited when the weather started to change and I could walk outside in the mornings and feel crisp cool air on my arms.
Here’s why I already am in love with fall this year:
1. I made pumpkin pancakes on Saturday morning. To me pumpkin = fall. So what better way to start a saturday than warm pumpkin pancakes topped with a little maple syrup?
2. The weather is beautiful. Crisp is one of my favorite words this time of year.
3. The leaves change colors and the mountains become a vibrant portrait of God’s handiwork. I love fall at home, of course. But nothing is better than fall in the mountains. It is absolutely breathtaking!
4. Decorations. Rooms has already put up halloween and fall decorations and we just bought an arrangement of autumn flowers for the table. Flowers are one of my new favorites lately. They may not always be cheap but they are such a simple way to beautify your home. They bring the outdoors in to our small little apartment.
5. Scents. Pumpkin candle = wonderful. I light it while I do homework and it makes me feel like I am outside at the roadside fruit/vegetable stand down the road from my house at home where there are pumpkins lined up in the grass just waiting for someone to take them home and turn them into a friend named Jack.
6. Music. Anna over at Hope Road clued me in to Jon Foreman, who is actually the lead singer for Switchfoot. He has albums for every season. I downloaded the Fall EP and I love it! It’s absolutely perfect for this time of year – mellow and relaxing.