I’m not supposed to be writing this. I’m supposed to be working on my big all-encompassing finish me or you’ll die project. It’s due on Thursday. But I’ve been in the library for 2 hours and I need a break. So welcome to this edition of thoughts from the library.
1. I was here for a long time yesterday till 11:30pm. It was rough.
2. The only way I survive long library stunts is with my earphones and some random music playing like the beatles or today, some christmas music.
3. I also really have to have a cup of hot, steaming tea. My trick: my backpack always has a little baggie of teabags in it. I go to the cafe in the library and beg for a cup of hot water. Ok I don’t have to beg they give it to me for free very easily. Then I use their splenda and creamer and I’m happy. Last night’s flavor was white tea with pomegranate and blueberry. Today it’s Early Grey with lots of half & half.
4. It’s snowing outside. Yep, snow. It actually started last night right as I entered the library. Funny how that works huh? Of course it has to snow when I am pent up inside. Oh well, its fun to look at every now and then.
5. Someone took my table. Ok it’s not my table but I really like it. It’s near the childrens books so I feel inspired and there is a really large window by it too for gazing and daydreaming. I mean, who do they think they are taking MY table. Sheesh.
6. Some people are really loud in libraries. Haven’t they ever seen Nickeodeon’s “All-That” where the librarian goes up to people and screams “Quiet!!!! This is a library!!!!”. I mean, I obviously have.
Well, that’s enough procrastination for now. I’m back to the grind.