Usually on Christmas Eve after we attend the love feast at church my family goes to a party with a bunch of other families from church. Everyone brings appetizers or desserts. Last year I decided to help my mom out as she was busy with everything else Christmas related. I made the appetizer myself. I made Olive Cheese Balls, a recipe from a family friend we knew well in Germany. They are delicious. Even people who don’t like olives regularly like olive cheese balls. And they are just the perfect size for an appetizer!
– 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
– 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
– 1 cup margarine, melted
– 1 jar of green olives
1. Mix the flour and cheese together.
2. Add the melted margarine slowly until the mixture becomes dough-like. You may need to use your hands to knead it together.
3. Take a small spoonful of dough and roll it around each olive. Place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for about 13-14 minutes.
I made these for a party on Sunday night and was planning to take a picture but they disappeared too quickly and the extras I left at home also made a quick exit once my dad found them. 🙂