I like to write lists. At school I use a steno pad to keep track of what I need to do. Some days I just want to write silly lists like this:
1. While I am sick, instead of moping pretend that I am fabulously rich and that I get to lie around the house EVERY day and watch daytime television.
2. Ponder the hard questions in life such as “If a tree falls in the woods without no one around does it make a sound?”
3. Dance around the house while folding laundry.
4. Tell people that my antibiotics are actually anti-aggression pills and start growling as I say I need to take one real bad.
5. Pretend that I am a character in a Jane Austen novel and talk in a British accent all day using words such as amiable, accomplished, rawther, constitution.
6. While drinking yet another glass of water or juice to get rid of this sickness pretend that I am really on the beach in a lounger sipping a pina colada (non-alcoholic for me).
7. Take a really long shower or bath and then pamper myself like I am at the spa.
8. When my mother says that I look pale remind her that 200 years ago it was actually a good sign to be pale – it meant that you did not work because you were filthy rich.
9. Keep making lists to avoid the reality of going back to school tomorrow while not completely healthy.