Yesterday you got to see a lovely tour of my spring decorations. I hope you enjoyed it! I have a “Part 2” coming because I’ve added a couple more things and crafted some as well. I also have a fun group of girls coming over to make yarn wreaths together tonight. I made one the other day and it was so much fun and it turned out really cute!
Although I pride myself in a clean, decorated house, I just want to let y’all know that I am far from perfect. Like completely. Here are some things you will NEVER see a picture of on my blog:
– My tupperware cabinet. I can’t for the life of me seem to keep this place organized. The containers and lids get all mixed up and I’ve decided it’s not worth my effort.
– My laundry piles. I let these things pile up like crazy sometimes.
– The piles under my bed and up in my closet of random stuff that I can’t figure out what to do with!
– The tons of junk that is currently out on the floor and on the bed of my old room at my parent’s house. Mom is trying to get rid of it, making me go through it all. I don’t enjoy it and I don’t know what to do with it all!
– My mail pile. I dislike going through mail, especially boring mail like lame credit card offers or financial information.
– The list of things I’m currently procrastinating: quitting my gym (another story for another time), organizing and cleaning my porch, and going through a box of old stuff.
– The 4 non-fiction books that I have started but have yet to finish.
And that’s just the “things” category. Let’s not talk about my attitudes towards others or my spiritual disciplines or how often I tell my family I love them (or really how often I don’t).
Thankfully, I serve a God who is kind and gracious and doesn’t ask me to be perfect. He’s not taking a white gloved finger and examining my coffee table for dust or nagging me to do the laundry. He’s much more concerned with my heart and my love for Him and others. How great his grace and love is!
You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings.
Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand—
you don’t require burnt offerings or sin offerings.
Whoever loves a pure heart and gracious speech
will have the king as a friend.