1. I officially have 24 days left with my kiddos! It’s crazy how fast this year has gone by. I love this group of kids and will miss them a whole lot! This time of year is very fun though as we do our play, enjoy field day, watch our caterpillars grow into butterflies and go on our last field trip.
2. In approximately 40 days I will be wearing these hott shoes for my friend Taylor’s wedding.
Which means I have 40 days to learn how to walk in these babies. I totally never wear heels. I wish I was a heel wearin girl but I’ve never been able to get the hang of it. That whole blonde and lack of balance thing, you know. I feel like I need to go on the TV show MADE and have a coach that teaches me how to walk in heels and makes me do all sorts of drills like running in them or walking down a fashion runway until I get the hang of it.
3. Yesterday I had my mom and dad over for Mother’s Day lunch. I was excited to host at my house so that mom wouldn’t have to do any cleaning or set up or cooking at all! I made chicken angel hair pasta and then a spinach salad with strawberries and glazed pecans. I think it all turned out pretty good!
4. After lunch dad tested out my new futon and promptly fell asleep. 🙂 Mom and I found a cheesy Christian movie on Netflix, What If, to watch. It was so predictable and I kept telling mom what I thought was going to happen which she didn’t like. She kept making all of these faces like she didn’t know what was going to happen or was nervous and Dad (who finally woke up) and I kept saying “Oh well, this movie isn’t going to end well, what a bummer” which sent her into fits of laughter. It was a pretty entertaining time.
5. On Saturday my roomie and I went to the local flea market and then the farmer’s market. I got a sweet white chair for $10.
This metal cross for $5.
At the farmer’s market I got a huge bucket of fresh strawberries and a 3 1/2 pound bag of the most delicious pecans ever. Seriously, they are good. I’m going to have some awesome lunches this week. On the way home we stopped at a new thrift store near our house and I found a coffee table!
It fits perfectly with my couch – which I got as my first ever craigslist find a little over a month ago.
6. I love the flowers in our garden!
7. Happy Monday!